California Apostille Services
Apostille/Authentication Services at the California Secretary of State
CA SOS Expedited Filing can obtain a California Apostille Authentications for your birth Certificate, notorized document, notarized transcript, or legal document. Since we are located in Sacramento, we make every effort to submit your documents to the California Secretary of State the same day we receive it. The Secretary of State will take an average of 1 business days to Apostille or authentication most documents that are delivered in person for international use in accordance with the Hague Convention.
My Apostille request is urgent, but I am not able to appear in person. What are my options?
If your Apostille Service California request is urgent but you are not able to appear in person, we can obtain your appostille certificate on your behalf.
How to get an Apostille in California?
Lance Casey & Associates states “Getting your Apostille Service California documents is easy. Just follow the steps below and we will appear at the California Secretary of State on your behalf to get your documents Apostilled fast.”
- Download the California Apostille Services Order Form.
- Complete the order form.
- Attach the documents to be Apostilled to the order form and mail to 5-Star Legal Support Services, 2386 Fair Oaks Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95825.
Cost of Apostille in California?
The cost for the first Apostille is $250. Each additional Apostille from California is $95
What is an Apostille and what is its purpose?
An Apostille is a certificate that authenticates the signature of a public official on a document for use in another country. An Apostille certifies:
- the authenticity of the signature of the public official who signed the document,
- the capacity in which that public official acted, and
- when appropriate, the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears, e.g. a notary public seal
I have a birth or death certificate issued in California. For which public officials’ signatures can the California Secretary of State issue an Apostille?
For birth and death certificates, the California Secretary of State can issue an Apostille for the signatures of:
- county clerks and their deputies,
- county recorders and their deputies, and
- the State Registrar (California Department of Public Health).
If your birth or death certificate was issued by a city- or county-level agency and bears the signature of a Health Officer or county Registrar, prior to presenting to our office for authentication, one of the following will be required:
- have that document certified by the county clerk’s office in the county in which it was issued, or
- obtain a certified copy from the county clerk or recorder.
The signature, name, and title of the public official can be found at the bottom of a birth or death certificate.
Can I get an Apostille Service California for a territory within the United States, e.g. Puerto Rico?
No. Apostilles can only be issued for documents to be used outside the United States of America. Accordingly, we do not issue Apostilles for Puerto Rico, Guam, United States Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, or any other American territories or possessions. Generally, the notarial act is sufficient for use in any American territory or possession.